American Dream Mortgage is Certified through the CMPS Institute
Mortgage Planning is the four-step process of helping you improve your life by using the right mortgage strategies.
Your mortgage is most likely your single largest debt, and your home is most likely your single largest asset. That's why mortgage planning should be conducted with a certified professional who is trained in the five CMPS skill sets:
Mortgage & Real Estate Taxation - how and why to understand the tax implications of various mortgage strategies
Housing, Financial & Mortgage Markets - why interest rates fluctuate, and how to understand the housing, financial and mortgage markets
Cash Flow Planning - how to reduce debt, improve cash flow & compare your options in the context of retirement planning, college funding, elder care, and other important life events
Real Estate Investment Planning - how to reduce your risk, and compare the impact of various mortgage options on your rate of return
Ethics and Compliance - how to experience the highest level of professional care, competence and communication during the mortgage and home buying process
Why Is Mortgage Planning Important?
The mortgage is inherently a financial product.Therefore, the mortgage strategy you use carries financial consequences that impact your life. Mortgage Planning with a CMPS-certified professional helps you answer the following questions:
· Should I rent or buy a home?
· How much of a downpayment should I use when purchasing a home?
· Where should the money come from?
· What are the alternatives?
· How much should I budget for my monthly housing expenses?
· What if I budget less or more?
· How will my mortgage decision impact my financial ability to help my children pay for college?
· How will my mortgage decision impact my financial ability to help take care of my elderly parents?
· How will my mortgage decision impact my financial ability to retire within the budget and time frame that works for me?
· How will my mortgage decision impact my monthly cash flow situation?
· How will my mortgage decision impact my financial ability to save money for the future?
· How will my mortgage decision impact my financial ability to manage and reduce my debt in a time frame that works for me?
· Should I purchase real estate for investment purposes?
· What mortgage strategy should I use when buying a vacation home or investment property?